Appalachian Region $635.00
Coastal Plain $635.00
Eastern Shore $675.00
Baltimore/DC Area $750.00
Add a second or third performance, same day at your school, while Mark is there for an additional $295 per program.
|Call Today 1-800-848-5634 and Tami will be delighted to help you!|
(A 1/3 Deposit may be required)
If Mark is speaking for your school, and more than 150 miles from home, he'll more than likely be spending the night in the vicinity the evening before. And always staying over the night of, if he's presenting a Family Reading Night for you. If you should have an arrangement with an area hotel, please let us know as this helps with travel costs which you know are always a great expense.
(For instance: If one of your parents operates a hotel or a hotel partners with the school by donating the night or significantly discounting it, please do let us know.) Suitable hotel types are Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn, Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Bed and Breakfast Inns or the independent equivalents. (The rule of thumb if you like it, find it safe and would stay there yourself, then Mark probably would as well.)
Please understand, this is not a requirement, however if you have this option available, Mark is delighted to take you up on it. Thanks so much!
We are happy to customize Mark's appearance based on your needs. Drawing from the experience of thousands of performances, may we suggest that while we can accommodate any size group as your space allows, we have found that the perfect audience size for this program is up to 300 children per performance. If you have a larger student body, we suggest dividing them into smaller groups, as once Mark is on site, you receive a significant discount on additional programs. This ensures the best and most intimate theater experience for your children.
By the way, many schools have Mark stay for a full day including daytime assemblies and the evening A Very Magical Family Reading Night presentation.
Funding Ideas That Work
These are some of the ways that other schools use to bring Mark in, and one or a combination may just work for you.
- Grants, Reading Foundations, etc. (ie,Target, Wal-Mart, etc..)
- General and Special Use School Fund
- Fundraisers (Book Fairs, Wrapping Paper Sales)
- Education Partners (Business Sponsors)
- Arts Council Grants - In NC, Mark's programs are Arts Council friendly and fundable through Grass Roots. He is on the approved Artists in Schools roster for the Asheville Area Arts Council and the Fayetteville/Cumberland County Arts Council. In South Carolina he is permanently named to the SC Arts Commission Roster of Approved Artists. All of these organizations make grant funding available to their schools.
- Cultural Arts Funding PTA/PTO
- Title 1 (Please notify us if you plan to use Tittle 1 funds so that we can help with the usage guidelines.)
- Student Admission ($1.00 or $2.00) This could even be a fundraiser with a large student body.
Click Video for Literacy Event Fundraising Ideas